- Launched the Elections 2022 sur YouTube website, to observe the presence of candidates in recommendations.
- YouTube Recommendations Do Predict Polls: A note on the 2022 French presidential election .
- Pre-print of the general approach to automate measurement, and to measure the “rabbit hole” effect of recommendations..
- I am co-chair of Eurosys workshops in Rennes in 2022.
- I am the PI of the Audita associate team, btw EPFL (SaCS team) and Inria (WIDE), starting in 2021.
- I am at the scientific board of REGALIA.
- New article in Nature Machine Intelligence, do not trust remote AI explanations… [Article link]
- Juin 2020: participation à la task force “Régulation des GAFA / Transparence et audit des algorithmes” auprès de la Direction Générale des Entreprises (DGE).
- Semestre Supervision de systèmes dynamiques.
- Feb 2020: joined the board of the Société Informatique de France.
I was a senior research scientist at Technicolor R&I (2009-2018), where I worked on scalable storage, processing and machine learning for data analytics. I joined Inria in 2018, an on a permanent researcher position in 2021. I obtained my habilitation (HDR) on November 2016 from University of Rennes 1. I am the president and on of the sysadmins of the gozdata association, that provides the gozmail service, built from free software. I am a board member of the Société Informatique de France.
Erwan Le Merrer is a researcher in Inria Rennes, France. He worked as a senior scientist in Technicolor from 2008 to 2019. He is a board member of the Société Informatique de France, and of the Inria’s regulatory project REGALIA. He is now focusing on the algorithmic audit of AI-based decision-making algorithms.